LOCATION : Brussels Centre
We are looking for an I&O Project Leader
Context of the mission / Objective(s) of the job
Our client is actively searching for Project Managers with experience in leading projects in a large organization.
Projects can be of the following types :
- Pure infrastructure evolution: evolution of the infrastructure to increase the global level of service, life cycle management, technology evolution, data-center migration, cloud initiatives, etc.
- Security projects: manage the impact of security constraints on the infrastructure. Examples of project are the implementation of a vault for password, or the improvement of Identity and Access management systems and processes, Proxy evolutions, Cloud security Assessment, etc.
- Business: normal evolution of the infrastructure requested to support a business project. Examples of project are the coordination of the setup of an infrastructure to host a new application, coordinate the opening of VPN and authentication with systems hosted externally, drive the network connectivity of new buildings, etc.
- Other Projects: Previous list is not exhaustive.
The candidate will join our client team. This team is already composed of 7 other I&O Project Managers.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience as system engineer and at least 5 years experience as I&O project manager. Experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud is a clear added value. The candidate will also have to demonstrate the skills and experience described below.
- English : Good speaking/reading/writing
- Dutch : Fluent/Good speaking/reading/writing
- French : Fluent/Good speaking/reading/writing
Dutch or French but very good knowledge of the other languate
Level of education required
University graduate or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Experience
Personal Skills (soft skills – intangible qualities or traits that enhance our interactions)
- Communication and reporting skills are very important.
– Adapt communication to the audience (capacity to communicate with engineer and with CIO)
– Be able to have technical discussions with the infra teams and to translate towards other departments
- Client orientation, planning & organisation and negotiation skills are also required.
- Ability to take a helicopter view to summarize the status.
- Reflect reality & stress the attention points
- Proactivity and risk mitigation
- Stimulate collaboration between different teams
- Technical knowledge (high-level)
Business experience required (work experience)
- Experience in Technical project Management within large IT organisation – Senior – 5-8 years
- Experience in Implementation of Cloud projects or security projects in a large IT organisation
- Experience in insurance or bank
Technical experience required (hard skills related to physical or digital tools)
- Good knowledge of IT platforms: Windows / Cloud – Mid-Level (2-5 years)
Functional experience required (job experience in particular industry and in particular function)
- Project Management – Senior (5-8 years)
- Project Mgt methodology (Prince 2)
- Large and complex projects
- Be able to manage several projects in parralel
- Verify completeness of business requirements
Objectives of the job
- Accountable that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and define the appropriate mitigation actions.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including contractual and compliancy documents.
- Be familiar with processes like Change Management, Test Management, Communication, and Handover to Operation.
Instructions to suppliers
We remind you that all “mandatory” topics MUST be encountered. They are criteria of exclusion if the minimum level required is not reached.
Duration : 12 months (but willingness to extend if first year is positive)
(depending on project evolution, extention is possible)