LOCATION : Brussels Centre
We are looking for an IT Functional Analyst with
Context of the mission / Objective(s) of the job
The candidate will work with ou client. He is responsible for all software developments of insurance related applications. The applications are developed based on a Cobol / DB2 back-office, with various technologies used on the visual, printing and communication side.
(ex : .Net 3FN, MS Biztalk, ISIS Papyrus WALI…).
As a Functional Designer, you will
- Be in charge of translating business requirements into a structured IT solution while keeping a functional approach.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and well factored
- Help translating this functional design into well-tailored technical design.
- Prepare functional integration test cases based on the requirements
- Test the product before delivery to the users
- Analyse potential corrective actions to be taken.
- Coordinate technical designers and programmers during implementation of functionalities
- Work closely with the business to ensure the final solution fits their needs.
- Actively support the Project leaders in the project implementation
- Maintain high performing service support functions
- English : Good speaking/reading/writing
- Dutch : Fluent/Basic speaking/reading/writing
- French : Fluent/Basic speaking/reading/writing
Level of education required
Master in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Sciences. (or equivalent through experience)
Required Knowledge and Experience
Personal Skills (soft skills – intangible qualities or traits that enhance our interactions)
- Quick learner
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Result oriented with attention for quality and details
- Methodical, structured and pro-active
- Client oriented
- Open minded
- Drive review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes
Business experience required (work experience)
- Non-Life underwriting insurance
- Non-Life claims insurance
Technical experience required (hard skills related to physical or digital tools)
- Client/server environment (Cobol / SQL)
- Integration technologies and flows
Functional experience required (job experience in particular industry and in particular function)
- Significant experience as Business and Functional Analyst, ideally in large company, in direct contact with Business stakeholders : Mid-level (2 y – 5 y)
- Project leading principles/experience
- Test management principles (TMAP)
- Knowledge of technical analysis
The candidate will demonstrate a proven similar experience with strong customer references.
During the interview, the candidates will provide concrete deliverables of his/her past missions.
Instructions to suppliers
We remind you that all “mandatory” topics MUST be encountered. They are criteria of exclusion if the minimum level required is not reached.
Duration : 12 months (depending on project evolution, extention is possible)