LOCATION : South of Brussels
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer
As a skilled Java Developer, you will join fantastic teams of Software development specialists and work in an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of
- Translating requirements into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code based on Spring Framework
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Language requirements: English and French or Dutch
Education: Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
Agile requirements: A developer involved in Agile projects must have the “Agile mindset” which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success..
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behaviour. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks..
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Required experience and knowledge: At least 4 years of relevant experience
Technical experience mandatory:
- You are a “software craftsman” who sees software development as a craft.
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- Understanding of the OO principles, DDD, design patterns and best practices such as SOLID principles.
- You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary.
- You are familiar with test driven development and you have practical experience with it
- Technical Skills :
- Proven knowledge of Java, Spring, Maven, RESTful API’s, Oracle DB and React, Node.js
- Knowledge of SVN/Git (Gitlab or alternative), Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy
Location : Brussels near south station.
You will have your contract with Hive-X and work for our client(s). Freelances are also welcome!
This position is only for Belgian residents.