LOCATION : Brussels
We are looking for an IT Developer
Do you want to be part of the Tribe with the highest visibility in the bank? You will be part of the actions and you will be the entry point of the bank for the customers. Our tribe is the epicentre of all channels provided by the bank to its customers. We offer personalized and insightful advice & frictionless experiences through multiple channels, brands and business lines. If you are interested in being part of that adventure, keep reading further !
As a skilled Java Developer, you will join fantastic teams of Software development specialists and work in an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of
- Translating requirements into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code based on Spring Framework
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
English – Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language
Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
A developer involved in Agile projects must have the “Agile mindset” which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal
Required experience / knowledge
At least 4 years of relevant experience
- You are a “software craftsman” who sees software development as a craft
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- Understanding of the OO principles, DDD, design patterns and best practices such as SOLID principles.
- You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary.
- You are familiar with test driven development and you have practical experience with it
- Technical Skills :
- Proven knowledge of Java, Spring, Maven, RESTful API’s, Oracle DB and React, Node.js
- Knowledge of SVN/Git (Gitlab or alternative), Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy
Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum
- You actively share your knowledge with your team
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise
- Continuous learning: you contribute to the constant improvement of the functioning of the team
End date : 30/06/2021